- We believe the Bible is the true and inspired message from God, right down to its words. This is called verbal inspiration.
2 Peter 1:21 • 1 Cor. 2:13 • 2 Timothy 3:16
- We believe the entire Bible is God's Word and is true. Timothy 3:16
• John 17:17b • Psalm 12:6 • Proverbs 30:5
- We believe God and His Word do not change.
- We believe the Bible is the only source and standard for Christian teaching and living.
2 Timothy 3:15-17
- We believe the Bible serves as the guide for our faith and life.
- We may have different opinions about many subjects, but we are to believe and follow all that the Bible teaches.
John 8:31 • John 13:35
- We believe and accept Scripture on its own terms, accepting as factual history what it presents as history, recognizing a metaphor where Scripture itself indicates one, and reading poetry that is evident as such.
2 Timothy 3:16 • John 10:35
- We believe that Scripture must interpret Scripture. Interpretation is not up to human reason.
1 Corinthians 2:13
- We believe there is only one true God.
- We believe God has made Himself known as a Triune God, one God in three persons.
Matthew 28:19 • John 5:23
- We believe that God has revealed Himself in nature.
Psalm 19:1 • Romans 1:20
- We believe we can get up every morning, not knowing what the day has in store for us, and confidently place our lives in the hands of our heavenly Father, who loves each one of us as His dear child.